· Double 2x12 rim joist with 9 3/8” open web type
floor trusses at 16” or 19.2” or 24” on center,
depending on design criteria.
· Double 2 x12 marriage beam.
· Floor sheathing is ¾” Advantech® tongue
and groove, glued and nailed.
· Rim is insulated with expanded polystyrene insulation
and foamed in place.
· 2x8, 2x10 or open web truss, depending on design criteria
for 2nd floor on unfinished cape.
· 2 x 6 studs at 16” o. c. with a double
· 2 x 12 insulated headers over all windows and exterior
· Dense Pack Cellulose insulation in exterior walls at
· 7/16” OSB sheathing on exterior glued and nailed
plus Tyvek® house wrap.
· Window and door openings protected with Vycor® waterproofing
· Standard wall height is 8’0”
· Standard siding is Crane® double 4 vinyl siding .042
· Modernview® Vinyl Double-Hung tilt/wash windows
· Windows with screens and soft coat low-e with argon gas
and a .30 U-value.
· Sliding doors are Modernview®.
· Entry doors are Therma-Tru® Smooth Star fiberglass.
· 6/12 roof pitch trusses on a ranch home (12/12 rafter
on cape homes) w/ 5/8” OSB roof sheathing w/ice and water
shield on the first 6 feet of the eaves. Other roof pitches are
· IKO® Limited Lifetime Architectural type shingle and synthetic underlayment.
· R-49 cellulose insulation, installed on-site for ranch
style homes (capes insulated between floors at R-26 or R-32, builder
responsible for second floor insulation and installation upon
completion of 2nd floor.)
· 12” eaves overhang with 8” drip
edge, prefinished trim boards with ventilated vinyl soffit
· The gable ends are flush and have 1 x 6 Miratec®,
1 x 2 Miratec®, and 8” drip edge. Gable end overhangs
· Vented ridge cap.
· 2 x 4 studs at 16” on center.
· ½” drywall glued and screwed or nailed,
taped and primed with low VOC vapor retarder and one coat of primer.
· 2x4 16 o.c. marriage walls
· All interior doors are 6-panel hollow core, smooth style
and factory primed.
· Locksets are Schlage - passage, privacy or lockset per
· All interior trim around windows is picture frame style
unless specified otherwise.
· Interior trim is 2-1/2” colonial for all windows
· Baseboard is 3-1/2” primed.
· Half inch High Strength plasterboard glued to ceilings taped and primed
with low VOC vapor retarder and one coat primer.
· Closet shelving is ventilated vinyl covered metal.
· Cabinets are Kraftmaid in Belmont or Amhurst Style available
is 6 stock color choices. Upgrades available.
· Standard counter tops are laminate in a choice of 8 colors.
Upgrades are available including solid surface and granite.
· Kitchen sink is 8” double bowl stainless steel.
· Single lever Moen faucet with spray.
· Appliances not included
· Vented range hood.
· Vanities are the same style as the kitchen cabinets
but customer may choose different color.
· Vanity top – cultured marble per plan.
· All baths have chrome paper holder, towel bars (2), towel
ring and soap dish – to be installed by builder.
· Medicine cabinets or Mirrors are furnished per plan.
· Fiberglass tub or shower by Maxx®
· Moen® anti-scald type tub/shower faucets.
· Mansfield elongated 1.6-gallon water saver toilet with
· All domestic hot and cold water is with PEX tubing.
· Forced hot water baseboard type heat.
· Boiler furnished by builder.
· All drainage is Schedule 40 PVC with sizing per code.
· Radon vent pipes thru mod.
· 200 Amp Main Service Panel with circuit breakers all
UL approved with fault protection as required by code.
· Two telephone jacks.
· 2 pre-wired television outlets.
· Receptacles and switches are white Decora style.
· Hard-wired smoke detectors with back up battery.
· Vented fan for all bathrooms.
· Standard Lighting fixtures are an Energy Star qualified
package and provided as per plan.
· Wiring for disposal, dishwasher, stove, washer and dryer
when shown on main floor and shown on plan.
These specifications do not include available options or upgrades.
PBS reserves the right to change or alter these specifications
without prior notice.